Are you a young peacebuilder who feels a strong commitment to building meaningful intergenerational partnerships for peace? Would you like to build your knowledge and skills to hold meaningful discussions with decision-makers? If so, UNOY Peacebuilders invites you to apply to participate in Act on 2250, an online training course, which will help you translating international policies into local realities. This training will be held online, starting on 3 July and ending on 1 September 2017.
Costs of the training are fully covered, there is no participation fee. Participants will need to ensure their own ability to connect to the internet.
This training aims to empower young people to begin making use of UNSCR 2250. It is designed for participants with an interest in peacebuilding and strong commitment to translating the policy of UNSCR 2250 into practice.
We are therefore looking for participants between 18-30 years old, who:
- are active within a youth organisation working on building peace or preventing violence – both UNOY Peacebuilders’ member organisations and non-member organisations aligned with the goals of UNOY Peacebuilders;
- have some prior experience in the field of peacebuilding;
- have a strong interest in building partnerships with stakeholders on local or national level;
- are committed to multiply the outcomes of the training in their own work;
- are fluent in English since the working language of the training will be English;
- have an internet access at least once a week;
- are ready to commit at least 3-4 hours per week for the entire duration of the course.
Priority will be given to participants who:
- are currently active in an organisation, program or project in the above fields;
- represent a UNOY Peacebuilders member organisation;
- come from conflict and post-conflict communities, communities that experience high levels of direct violence and communities where violent extremism is on the rise.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.